Newark Alliance Premier Division: Wheatsheaf hit a magnificent seven
11:01am Wed Jan 11, 2017
Tyler Martin rises to meet a corner to head in Newark Flowserve’s first goal against Rutland Arms Rovers. 080117DC1-6
Tyler Martin rises to meet a corner to head in Newark Flowserve’s first goal against Rutland Arms Rovers. 080117DC1-6
Wheatsheaf United moved away from the relegation zone with a 7-1 success over Coddington Mill.
Callum Law opened the scoring with a 25-yard lob that caught the keeper off guard.

He completed his hat-trick before the break, with a header from a corner and a neat finish from inside the area.

Adam Allsopp scored either side of half-time to further extend the advantage and Oliver Clarke beat a handful of defenders before finishing.

Taylor Spencer added a seventh before Gary Clark hit a consolation with an excellent strike following a quickly-taken free-kick.

Collingham secured their first league win of the season with a much-improved display against East Bridgford Rangers.

The match was goalless for an hour with Collingham goalkeeper Andrew Shaw producing several outstanding saves.

The first goal went to East Bridgford when Ross Matthews found space and shot low into the bottom corner.

Collingham were level within five minutes when a corner fell to Ed Mills at the back post allowing him to volley home.

Damon Parkinson completed the turnaround minutes later when he found himself unmarked 20 yards from goal and produced a right-footed strike into the top corner.

East Bridgford pushed for an equaliser, but Collingham put the game to bed when Ollie Wilcox produced a 25-yard strike to make it 3-1.

A convincing display gave Newark Flowserve a sixth win of the season to move them into second place with a 6-0 win over Rutland Arms Rovers.

Tyler Martin opened the scoring with a header, before Curtis Price and Robert Wesley gave them a three-goal lead going into the break.

Rutland had captain John Feeney sent off for a second bookable offence, and Daryl Price added a six-minute hat-trick at the end of the match to seal the win.

A 4-2 win was secured by Barkestone-le-Vale over Holy Trinity.

Sam Shelton struck twice while Jack Mellor and Sam Carter also scored.

Jamie Groden and Morgan Raynor hit back for Holy Trinity, but they return to the bottom of the table.

By commenting you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions. Read our comments and complaints policy.


Disclaimer | Website Designed and Maintained by Advertiser Web Services

The Newark Advertiser Co Ltd website and the contents of its pages are © Advertiser Media Group, Unit 9 & 10 Halifax Court, Fernwood Business Park, Cross Lane, Newark, Notts, NG24 3JP. Reproduction in any form, printing or downloading of part or all of the contents is forbidden without specific written authorisation from the company. No part of contents of the Newark Advertiser Co Ltd website may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.